Winter is coming to a close and Summer is just around the corner. It’s making all of us at Legend Boats crave some Summer heat! We have put together fish recipes that use those great catches in your freezer that will surely bring that endless summer feeling. This recipe is for street truck style fish tacos featuring fish strips dressed with a mild Pico de Gallo and topped with your favorite coleslaw and a lime cream sauce! Mmmm...
Makes 6-8 Servings
- Juice from half a lime
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ cup of plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp of hot sauce (Frank’s red hot)
- 1 tbsp of fresh or dried cilantro
- ⅛ tsp of cumin
- ¼ cup of finely chopped chives or green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
Pico de Gallo:
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- ½ jalapeno pepper
- ½ a small red or white onion chopped
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop tomatoes, jalapeno, and onion into small cubes and add into small bowl.
- Add garlic, and squeeze in the lime juice.
- Add salt and pepper, mix together and let sit until finished preparing fish.
- 6 fillets of fish of choice
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup of cream (half and half or milk works too)
- 1 ½ cups of Panko flakes or bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil (canola or vegetable oil will also do the trick)
- 6-8 small tortillas
- Slice fillets into strips and set aside.
- Crack eggs into small bowl and whisk together with cream and set aside.
- Combine spices and bread crumbs in small bowl until well blended.
- Heat oil in medium sized skillet. Take your fish strips and dunk in egg mixture, coat entirely, then roll strip in breadcrumbs and fish seasoning until completely coated and place onto skillet.
- When brown on one side flip strips and cook until brown and crispy on both sides.
- Repeat with all strips.
- Warm tortillas in microwave on high for 15 seconds or warm in clean skillet on low heat.
- Place a warm tortilla on a plate, add 2 to 3 fried fish strips to center of tortilla, add desired amount of pico de gallo on fish strips, add lime sauce to taste and taco toppings such as cheese and chives to your liking.
- For some extra crunch, add your favorite coleslaw on top.
Check out more of our favourite fish recipes at the link below: