Here are ten easy things you can do right now that will help you reduce the amount of fuel you use while boating. This will save on your pocket as well as helping the environment.
- Slower speeds on the water will reduce use
- Minimize the amount of time that you idle at the dock.
- Minimize the use of onboard generators.
- Use dock-side electrical power in lieu of generators.
- Have a float plan so you know exactly where you’re going.
- Make sure the hull is clean.
- Check your propeller. If your boat is slow "out of the hole" or lacks top-end speed, you might have the wrong propeller.
- A well-tuned engine uses less fuel.
- Use the grade of gasoline specified by the engine manufacturer.
Source discover boating.ca