Did someone say bacon?! We won’t lie, anything paired with bacon has to be good, but what about fish? Seems like an odd combination but it’s one of our favourites. Here is one of our go-to recipes when we reel in a nice big Pike:
- 2 large pike fillets
- 1 pound of bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the grill on medium to low heat.
- Cut the pound of bacon in half.
- Cut the pike fillets into 1 inch cubes.
- Wrap each pike cube with a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick.
- Add to barbecue on a foil tray and cook till bacon is at preferred crispness.
- Serve bacon wrapped fish with dipping sauces of your choice. Our favourites are spicy Thai sauce, spicy mayo, tartar sauce but plain old ketchup will do the trick.
Picture credits: <a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-photo/bacon-with-fried-potatoes_913737.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>
Here is another recipe you may enjoy: